TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
SOLAS Certified MED 0327QA,
U.S. Coast Cuard Approved No.
Technical Data Sheet
|Consistency, Density||Stable Paste, 1.55kg/m3|
|Curing System||Moisture Cure|
|Skin Formation(*)||Approx. 15 min (23°C/ 50% R.H)|
|Tack Free Time (*)||Approx. 4 hours (23°C/ 50% R.H)|
|Cure Rate (*)||3mm/24hr (23°C/50%R.H)|
|Hardness||48 Shore A|
|Change In Volume||<2%|
|Specific Gravity||1.55 kg/m3|
|Maximum Deformation||± 20%|
|Temperature Resistance (cured)||-40°C to 100°C|
|Elastic Modulus 100%||1.1 N/mm² (ISO37, DIN 53504)|
|Tensile Strength||2.2 N/mm² (ISO37, DIN 53504)|
|Elongation At Break||300% (DIN53504)|
|Shear Strength:||>1.6N/mm² (ISO37, DIN 53504)|
(*) Values may vary depending on environmental conditions
Fixseal MSP15 is a high quality single component joint sealant with high adhesive strength. It is based on MS Polymer®, which is chemically neutral and fully elastic with excellent primerless bonding. For use in low movement joints, adhesion and waterproofing in the construction, automotive, marine and aerospace industries where a strong bond and/or UV resistant flexible seal is required.
- High bond strength on a wide variety ofsubstrates
- Non Yellowing white, and colourfast black
- High performance mechanical properties
- Flexible elastic rubber; movement accommodation up to 20%
- Assessed under criteria of NOHSC Australia and considered as non-toxic, Certificate No.2146
- No bubble formation within the sealant
- Primerless adhesion (except where capillary water pressure can occur)
- Easy to tool and finish
- Excellent extrudability and UV resistance
- Ecological advantages- free from isocyanates, solvents, halogens and acids
- Minimal health and safety considerations
- Can be wet on wet painted with all water based paints and many other systems*
- No staining of porous materials such as natural stone, granite, marble, etc.
Sealing and bonding of areas with high traffic, floor joints and low movement wall joints. Suitable for bonding and sealing but not limited to steel, aluminium, stainless, PVC, fiberglass, concrete, composite, glass, timber, mirrors, polystyrene, rubber, PU foam, etc….Connection joints in sheet metal fabrication. Sealing and bonding of coachwork, caravans, boats, commercial ferries and ships, buses, aircraft, domestic and commercial construction. We do not recommend the Fix15 for use in sealing exterior exposed oily wood such as teak, instead we recommend Fix1DC for this application.
Colour – Black and White
Packaging – 290mL cartridge, 600mL foil bag
15 months Cartridges; 15 months Foil Bags from production date. In unopened packaging in a cool and dry storage place a t temperatures between +5°C and +23°C.
Typical Surface: Abraded with red abrasive pad or suitable sand paper, clean, dry, free of dust and grease, wipe surface clean with Industrial Alcohol. Glass: clean, dry, free of dust and grease, wipe surface clean with Industrial Alcohol.
a): For porous substrates we recommend Fixseal 1060 Epoxy Sealer be applied.
b): PP Plastics we recommend Primer PR20 be applied for good adhesion.
Minimal Width: 2mm (bonding) 5mm (joint)
Maximum Width: 10mm (bonding) 30mm (joint)
Minimum Depth: 5mm(joint)
Recommendation: width of joint = 2 x depth
Health- and Safety Recommendation:
Apply the usual industrial hygiene. Wear gloves. Safety Glasses. Volitile compound released during curing, ensure adequate ventilation
Method: Manual or pneumatic caulking gun
Application temperature: +5°C to 35°C
Clean up: Methylated Spirits or industrial alcohol cleaner immediately after application and before curing
Tooling: mild diluted soapy solution (e.g. pH neutral dishwashing liquid diluted in fresh clean
water), before skin formation
Repair: Fixseal FIX15 – MSP15
• Fixseal MSP15 may be overpainted with water based paints, however due to the large number of paintes
uch as and not limited to 1 and 2 pack PU paints, acrylics, 2 pack varnishes that are available we strongly recommend compatability tests before application.
• The drying time of some alkyd paint systems may increase and some enamel and oil based paints will not cure properly.
• Fixseal MSP15 can be applied to a wide variety of substrates. Due to the fact that the specific properties of substrates will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer we strongly recommend compatibility tests