TECHNICAL DATA SHEET
|Curing System||Moisture Cure|
|Skin Formation (*)||40-45 min (23°C & 75% R.H)|
|Cure Rate (*)||2-3mm/24Hrs (23°C & 75% R.H)|
|Hardness (Shore A)||37|
|Change In Volume||<2%|
|Maximum Deformation||± 30%|
|Temperature Resistance (cured)||-40°C to 100°C|
|Elastic Modulus 100%||0.39 N/mm2(DIN53504)|
|Tensile/Shear Strength||0.85 MPa (DIN53504)|
|Elongation At Break||300% (DIN53504)|
|Application Temperature:||From +5°C to 32°C|
(*) Values may vary depending on environmental conditions
Fix1DC is a high quality single component adhesive sealant with a low viscosity, excellent adhesive properties designed for Teak and Synthetic Teak caulking.
- Easy application
- High extrudability and good workability
- Ecological advantages, free from acids, isocyanates, solvents, Phthalates, halogens.
- Excellent sandability after full cure (3-5 Days for best results)
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Flexible elastic rubber – movement accomodation up to 30%
- Permanently elastic
- No bubble formulation within the sealant
- UV stable and colour fast
- Fix1DC is Not Paintable
- Withstands all climatic conditions and suitable for use where pH neutral soap cleaning will
- Verified by NOHSC as non-hazardous and ROHS as compliant for heath reasons
Note on Paintability:
Paint, varnish and other coatings do not adhere to Fix1DC Deck Caulking. After sanding the deck including the caulking, be sure to thoroughly clean any surrounding surfaces that are to be painted with a good industrial alcohol cleaner to remove any contaminants that may cause “Fish Eye”!. Test surfaces before painting.
Fix1DC is suitable for the caulking of seams in Teak, most other timber types, cork and Synthetic Teak decking. Moisture content of timber should be below 11%. Please consult our technical department for substrates outside of the above.
Colour – Black
Packaging – 290ml Cartrdige 600mL foil bag
12 months from date of production; In unopened packaging stored in a cool and dry place at temperatures between +5°C and 23°C. Hotter storage will reduce shelf life significantly.
State of Surface: Solid without cracks or fissures, clean, dry, free of dust, debris and free of any residue oils or release agents.
- For teak timber and other porous substrates we recommend Fixseal Epoxy Sealer/Primer timber sealer be applied after pre-wiping the surface down with clean acetone.
- For Synthetic decking no need for sealing/priming.
Compatability tests are strongly recommended.
Minimal Width: 2mm (bonding) 5mm (joint)
Maximum Width: 10mm (bonding) 30mm (joint)
Minimum Depth: 5mm (joint)
Recommendation: width of joint = 2 x depth
Resistance to Chemicals:
Good resistance to fresh and salt water, pH neutral soaps, aliphatic solvents, mineral oils, grease. Poor resistance to aromatic solvents, concentrated and diluted acids and chlorinated hydrogens.
Method: Manual or pneumatic caulking gun Application temperature: +5°C to 32°C
Clean up tools: Use industrial alcohol cleaner immediately after application and before curing
Tooling: Mild pH neutral soapy solution diluted with fresh clean water applied and tooled before skin formation.
Repair with: Fix1DC
Health- and Safety Recommendation:
Apply the usual industrial hygiene. Wear gloves. Safety Glasses.
• Fix1DC may Not be overpainted
• Fix1DC can be applied to a wide variety of substrates. Due to the fact that the specific properties of substrates will differ we strongly recommend compatibility tests.
• Fix1DC is not resistant to strong alkalys or acids, concentrated acids, chlorine and bleach solutions, caustic solutions, and cleaners containing sodium hydroxide.
• For teak deck cleaning please refer to the teak deck cleaning guide in your catalogue or from our website www.fixtech.com.au or call our technical department. Fixtech does not warrant damage caused to Fix1DC or any other Fixtech product through the mis-use of cleaners.
In relation to the sale of this product Fixtech Pty Ltd makes no warranty of suitability for any specific purpose. In lieu of all warranties expressed or implied, Fixtech Pty Ltd will at its discretion replace goods to the invoiced value or refund the purchase price of any defective material. In no case or under any circumstances will Fixtech Pty Ltd be held liable for incidental or consequential damage.